Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The wheels are rolling


Welcome to my first blog dedicated to cycling. 


Just so you know, I don't discriminate between road and off-road because I enjoy both disciplines. The only reason why I use my road bike more often is only because I can ride from my house instead of driving to the start point and setting up my bike (which is kind of a new habit for me as of 2016 after my car was stolen). 

Off roads are fun too because I get to dip myself in a waterfall or pond or river if I feel like it. Because my mtb is a hard tail, it makes cycling through villages and estates much more bearable compared to a full suspension bike. At the end of the ride, looking at how dirty my bike is gives me a sense of satisfaction. But if you were to ask me which is more fun, I can't tell you which one I enjoy more than the other. It just so happens that its easier for me to ride from home on my road bike, and on off-road rides I get to spend time in the lush greenery of our Malaysian forest(s). 


No doubt I can add the mileage on my mountain bike even on tarmac road, but that would wear the tires faster (since the rubber compound is softer which are designed for trails and off road) plus I will not be covering a lot of distance on a 26" wheel size. 




I hope I did not make it sound like I'm some sort of pro rider. It's only been 3 years since I started cycling and there's still so much form me to learn. I own 2 bikes at the moment. Both are Polygon brand. My roadbike was bought from Rodalink Bangsar and my mountain bike has a quite a history behind it, so to keep it simple lets just say I upgraded the frame from a 26" frame size to a 27.5" Polygon Siskiu 2015, but still running on 26" fork and tires.

The journey is still far for me, and since blogging and cycling are my 2 most enjoyable hobbies I figured I should combine it! 


I hope you enjoy reading my blog. For any comments or recommended links please drop me a comment in the comment section or you can add me on Facebook.


Ride safe, and hope to see you soon!



-My 2 wheels-


No comments:

Post a Comment