Thursday, January 14, 2016

BBCC - Big Boys Cycling Club

This is a non-profit cycling club formed by 3 individuals - Steve Ryder, Jerry Cornelius Lee and Kenneth Tan back in 2012. As of 2016, here is the new lineup for BBCC admin team:-



 Jerry Lee

 Kenneth Tan

 Pui Yee


Steve Ryder


Vincent Dominic Chang (BBCC Captain 2016)


Evidently, the BBCC admin lineup team have been cycling much longer than I have. In fact my first ride with BBCC was going up to Fraser's hill. Back then I was still using my mountain bike (GT Aggressor). It was when I first met Sashi, Kenneth, Keith, Ken, and Daniella. The Fraser's hill ride was also my first time cycling more than 50km. 


In case you're wondering, I bought the GT Aggressor from an ex-colleague for RM200. Since I was also keen on riding off-road, not long after I bought the GT bike I also bought a Gomax mountain bike (China brand) for RM500. I crashed @ PCP on my first time riding there with my new bike. Despite having experienced PCP before, it was due to Jerry's wrong directive (shouting right right) whereas on my right was a small ravine. In any case I didn't have enough time to react and ended up with my front rim bent inwards. 

Well, it's a long story from where I started and where I am today. 

But my first most memorable experience with BBCC was joining PCC Interstate for the first time (2014). Back then I was asked to become BBCC support car driver (at the time Kenneth's offered his white rabbit as our support vehicle) and I would cycle in case Sarah was not able to ride (back then she was more of a marathon runner than a cyclist). 

Here are some photos which I took during PCC Interstate 2014...

Our official support car/pace car was a Volkswagen Golf GTI Mark 7. The briefing was held at Volkswagen showroom in Setia Walk, Puchong. 




Photo taken from day 1 : Swap with Sarah at mid-point up to Fraser's (15km to reach Fraser's gap and another 8km to Fraser's Hill).

From left : Hahn, Titi, myself, Darren, Sashi, Jerry







Somewhere between Kota Damansara, we had a pit stop (Day 1). From left : Eric, Myself, Sarah, Sashi, Jerry, Wilson (part of his face), Kenneth.







The last day or day 3 (Cameron - Lumut) : Bike park at Swiss Garden Hotel Lumut. The hotel management allocated a few conference rooms for cyclists to store their expensive bikes. 



Day 3 @ Swiss Garden Hotel Lumut. From left : Titi, Hahn, Sarah and myself. Hahn was the first to arrive Lumut, followed by Sarah and the rest.







And lastly, the most recent BBCC riders lineup for PCC Interstate 2015.

From left: Joanne, Koh Weng Ken, Russell, Bear, Vincent, Wilson, Jimmy, Sashi, Jammie, Me, Annie, Agnes, Mjay and the guy sitting in front is Jerry. 




PCC (Pedalholics Cycling Club) has been organizing this yearly interstate event for more than a decade now (12 years as of 2017). Their reputation has attracted cyclists from neighboring countries as well as riders whom come from UK, Australia, US and the list goes on. 


Check out my other post on PCC Interstate. 



Until we meet again, ride safe. 








-My 2 wheels-

No comments:

Post a Comment